Sunday, October 4, 2009

Music List #3

Ooh, songs I hate. this would be easier if I actually listened to songs I don't like. Luckily, I only have to list five. The threshold of hate emerges after number three and I must thank my little sister for helping me compile this list.

5. Mrs. Officer Lil' Wayne - Right now I can only vaguely remember this song but the "weeoo-weeoo-weeoo" thing gets annoying after a while.

4. Halo Beyonce - I've never really liked Beyonce Knowles and when she was in Destiny's Child I only liked two or three of their songs. Only recently my discontent towards Beyonce started to grow with this song and "All the Single Ladies". The "Halo, Halo, Halo. Halooow"sounds more like "Hey yo, Hey yo". Irritating.

3.
Hot and Cold Katy Perry - Man, this song is annoying. It sort of makes me want to shout out "Who the fuck cares? I don't care. Shut up!" What's really sad is that I know most of the chorus.

2. Tattoo Jordin Sparks -
These next two songs require a bit of context: my high school's day started at 7:20 in the morning. Even though for three and a half years I lived virtually across the street from school I still had to wake up at 5:40 in the morning to take a shower. So my radio alarm was set to the only station it could get. Up until my senior year it was okay. Sure there was some resentment because it woke you up every morning but that's bearable. Then they started playing some shitty-ass music ON HEAVY ROTATION!!!!
This song has no poetry! "You're on my heart just like a tattoo" is so ridiculously terrible. I can't say much else.

1. Pocketful of Sunshine Natasha Bedingfield - This song along with Tattoo were played like two to three times on a five day week! This song tries so hard to be optimistic or hopefeul or some shit like that but it completely sucks! I get so much bad memories of being woken up so early in the morning and listening to that crap. I hate it.

Just thinking about these songs fills me with anger but, luckily instead of shooting myself, I know I can pop in some Queen, Interpol, Janis, Scissor Sisters and thank God I hate these songs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the Katy Perry song. I hate it when it's annoying but catchy. I would probably feel the same way about Pocketful of Sunshine, but we warm up to that in my jazz dance class, so it has some good connotations for me.

10/10