Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Starting Out in a New Class

On August 24, I started off on a new part in life. One of my new classes this semester is my San Jose State MUSE class: Sex, Drugs, and Rock n' Roll.

I'm really excited: I chose this class because I'm really into rock music, mostly the seventies, I think, as well as some eighties and more recently the nineties. I've always been into modern rock music history like VH1's programming before they turned to crappy "reality" shows. Oh... nostalgia. I also have a really weird interest in drug history as well; I recorded VH1's The Drug Years and have seen it a numerous, gratuitous amount of times. The History channel also has the series Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way which is totally top rate and they have an awesome lady narrator with a nice husky voice. And, then of course, (I can't ignore the sex part) It's always interesting to know more about the groupie culture and sex icons; the latter of which I do not know much about.

So, as promised, I will post much more often on my blog but for now it will be exclusively for my MUSE class. I think it's pretty cool how I have to post assignments and I really am looking forward to having a great time in this class and learn things that I didn't know before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the class!

Anonymous said...

BTW, that's a great blog name.