Monday, December 1, 2008

What's What So Far

Hey there,
It's been a while since I last posted but for anyone who knows the drudgery of Senior Project and senior year in high school, I think you understand why.

I recently stated a mini-business selling Creepy Cute Crochet charachters made to order. It has been a super-long process, longer than I anticipated. Having a back log isn't fun at all.



Luckily, to keep me sane I started knitting the Checked Cloche from Glamour Knits. It took me a while to finally get Rowan Kidsilk Night in black and not pay an arm and a leg for it. Rowan Lurex Shimmer was a harder find as it is discontinued. So far it has kept me sane through this crochet endeavor with its familiar two needle knit and purl. I wanted to knit this hat since I ordered the book so long ago and I love how I'm finally bringing it to life.

I must tell you though that the hat has grown since this picture.



It's almost done with such freakish speed I admit. Although, I am not happy to report that with my bad knitting luck I slightly messed up. Casting on an extra stitch makes a lot of difference especially when you begin shaping. At any rate, I fixed my error and I'm proud to say that things are proceeding smoothly; Senior Project, unfortunately, is not. I am lacking a mentor and an interview with an expert, but there's hope.

Finally, I want to take this time to announce a system I will start soon featuring posts with four labels: Criterion Collection:Photos, Video, Honorable Mention, and Movie:Honorable Mention. They'll be up soon, just look out for them.

No comments: