Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tips for Success #3

It's been only two study tips I have posted so far but I'm already feeling tapped out of ideas. As long you make solutions to issues you encounter in your everyday study, I'm pretty sure ideas will flow easier; I just put that into practice and now I can offer some advice. Yay!

Almost every student studies the material taught to them in class to prepare for quizzes, tests, midterms, and such. However, trying to study isn't very effective when all your notes are jumbled and "unmarked" (In this post it means that your notes don't have a title or some heading so, you don't know to what lecture or chapter it pertains). Geez, What do you do?

Something I learned in my senior year of high school that truly alleviates this problem (I use this in my Humanities class) is to organize your class notes by units. By doing that , you look back at the material thematically rather by looking at your notes section then your handouts and then your past quizzes. Honestly, I never thought about organizing my work like this until in my AP Environmental Science class everyone had to walk around and look at other students binders and see who had the most effective and best organization. This girl had her organized by units and my teacher even said that that was how she organized her work in college. So, I hope this is as helpful to anyone as it is to me and that this becomes a practice that anyone can use to succeed in any school level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good approach!