Monday, December 7, 2009

Non-MUSE Event #1

I visit home often becauseit's not that far away and of course I love seeing my family. One of these visits coincided with Lodi, California's Grape Festival. About a week earlier, I heard on the radio that Blue Oyster Cult was going to play on the last night of the festival.

What?!?!?!

Blue Oyster Cult?! In Lodi?!?!

That's Impossible!

Lodi's in the middle of nowhere. How and why would they be here?

But they were. Luckily I was able to make it to their show. It was the first time I saw a band play live. As they started their I was entertained but then I felt bad because I didn't know the songs they were playing except for the song that goes "I'm burnin' I'm burnin' I'm burnin' for you' and Don't Fear the Reaper. It was a great show that I saw with my dad and even though there were quite a few "buzzed" people and woman with a visible catheter and trachea device, it was an experience I won't forget.

1 comment:

Paul Kennedy said...

definately the best preformance by a band at a grape festival of all time--