Monday, December 7, 2009

Non-MUSE Event #2

People have been talking so much about budget cuts and protest and make yourself heard and all that. Well one day my theater professor told the class that we should see a guerrilla theater protest the university was holding at Cesar Chavez memorial arch.
So, I went there to see what it was all about. The skit they were performing was thought provoking but honestly I felt that the people who played the the students were a little over the top. And then of course all these people started talking about all the issues caused by the budget cuts and finally the assembly did his speech about the oil tax. It was interesting to see all these people and students being so passionate and committed about this cause.
Even though I'm not one to get caught up in a cause and do everything to help it, I admired the passionate people fighting the budget cuts and I hope we win this fight.

No comments: